Saturday, September 08, 2007

September 8, 2007

There were no doctor appointments this week except for our visiting nurse who came yesterday. She pretty much comes once a week for a weight check. Before she weighed him, she made sure to tell me that last weeks weight gain wasn't the norm and not to be upset if he didn't gain as much this week. I understand that, and was prepared for a weight gain of maybe 5 oz or so. I was at least hoping for 6 to get us up to 8 lbs. When she got him on the scale, she exclaimed.. "holy cow!". I of course had to go over there and look at the scale. It said.....

Drum Roll please.......

8 lbs 5 oz!

Wow. 11 oz in one week. I know that this trend is probably not going to continue. A normal weight gain is about an ounce a day she said, so seven ounces a week. Let's just pray for normal or better! It would be nice to see the boy catch up to where he is supposed to be at least for his adjusted age which is 13 weeks.

So that is our update for this week. I will definitely keep you all posted for those of you who still check the blog!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! That's awesome! Come on weight gain! (I never thought I'd be saying that!) Love the good news. Take care!

Love,
Joce

Anonymous said...

I still check it. Glad he is gaining. How about some new pics....maybe some of Josh and mama or big brother! :-)

Terri

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! Someone in my nursing program told us about your little fighter and some of us have been keeping track. I am so excited about his weight gain, that is wonderful news. Keep on posting, there are plenty of us that are still checking...maybe alot more than you realize.


Hilary
Three Rivers Community college nursing student

Anonymous said...

"So that is our update for this week."

Cool. Nice to see that life is slowing down. Keep up the good work.

-- Anon

Anonymous said...

Dianna,

I'm still checking the blog...looking for updates on little Josh. Love to hear about the weight gain...any milestones to update on? Obviously he's smiling, anything else? Still as cute as a button!! Good job guys!!

Birthday Ticker

baby

baby