Tuesday, January 15, 2008

11 months old today

Wow, can you believe it. In one month our little man will be a year old. He is thriving and doing so well. We have so much to be thankful for. Although his lungs are still fragile, he still has moderate Chronic lung disease and is dealing with GERD, we know he is doing well. We still have a long way to go. He is still delayed developmentally. He is not rolling over like he should (he does it when he feels like it!). He is a little behind even his adjusted age, but I am not worried. I know that he will catch up!

Josh has had two colds or something viral. The last one had us giving him breathing treatments every few hours to help with his cough/breathing. Luckily both times have been mild. Thank goodness for the Synagis shots (this shot is basically giving him some immunity against RSV. It's not a vaccine, but an immune booster). He gets the shot once a month to protect him. I am sure that was part of why although he has gotten something, he hasn't gotten really sick.

I have to type this part all over because Josh somehow grabbed my mouse and deleted the below passage! Little booger!

There are two preemie mama's/daddy's out there who could use some prayers. Ana and Joe had a 25 week old little boy Jay who is 5.5 weeks old. He is still on the vent and hopefully will be weaned soon and get on CPAP. He is a little fighter! http://schmetzers.blogspot.com/

Niki and Brian have Sydney who is now almost 2 and a half months old. She is just getting over an RSV infection and is doing really well. She is almost on the road home soon. I am sure her mama and daddy would love for some prayers to send the little one home! http://sydneysjourney.blogspot.com/

As soon as I get some I will post some new pictures. He is such a cutie blowing raspberries and babbling away!

I hope you all had a wonderful new Year. We are hopeful that 2008 will be a great one for us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joshua,

You make my heart so warm looking at how much you have grown. You are almost a year and have grown so much in these past 11 months I cannot wait to see you grow even more. I cannot wait to see you soon! Love you sweetie! :)

-Jenny

Jayan said...

Joshua you give me so much hope for my little man. You are truly an inspiration. Keep growing sweet baby.

Birthday Ticker

baby

baby