Thursday, January 31, 2008

Opthalmologist Visit

It's amazing that these doctors can tell things just by looking. She said that Josh has astigmatism in both eyes. After reading the above article, I will have more questions in April when we see her. She also said that Josh's right eye drifts a little, which is the reason that she wants to see him back in three months. If the drifting gets worse, she will have to prescribe a patch over his left eye to strengthen the right one. All in all decent news. Will Josh have to wear glasses? My guess is eventually, although she didn't say so today. That is definitely going to be one of my questions next time. I have astigmatism in both of my eyes as well. That is probably the reason that I have worn glasses since the age of 5. So one more doctor that we get to see routinely!

4 comments:

Jayan said...

Doctors...doctors...and more doctors... the journey continues ;)

My friends little girl had the to wear the patch for a little bit and it helped tremendously!

You continue to inspire us.

Anonymous said...

Great News... What a strong little guy Josh is. He is beautiful. Keep up the great work little guy!!
I am so happy for you and your family Dianna, you all are doing a wonderful job ,
Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Chics dig a man in glasses! (I'm married to one!!) and the eye patch? oh yeah! He's gonna get all the babes. Doug is going to make him a pirate patch he said!hahah

Anonymous said...

He looks so great,guys! He's so cute!!! My niece wore a patch when she was about 3. More common than people think I guess. lol Great news about the walk! -Veronica :)

Birthday Ticker

baby

baby