Friday, November 02, 2007

Milestone!

We went to the GI doctor on Tuesday and she said that we could start introducing solids. She also suggested pear nectar to make him a bit more "regular". He hasn't been pooping daily (I didn't think that was a big deal) but they would like to see a daily poop. So we tried it straight (she said not to add any water) but it was not getting through even the biggest level 3 crosscut nipple. So I watered it down a bit.



Last night, Josh had his first taste of cereal! He seemed to like it. He ate about a half a teaspoon. Doesn't sound like much does it?!







Right now he has the sniffles. I am not happy about it. We have been so dilligent about handwashing and he still ended up with a cold. We will see what Mary (his nurse) says today. He doesn't sound like anything is in his chest, but we have to watch out for that. Ugh!

There are 3 posts for today so don't miss the other pictures!

Dianna and Dave

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is getting so big. What a cutie!

Niki said...

I'm sorry your munchkin has the sniffles, Dianna. I TOTALLY know what you mean about the handwashing! Our hands are all dry, cracked and chipped from all the washing we do.

I hope he gets over it soon.

Jessi said...

We are in the same boat with the handwashing and sanitizer. I hope his cold is mild. Alden just got over a mild cold as well. Congrats on starting solids! We are going to wait another month or so, until his head control improves. Alden was also really constipated when we were mixing Neosure with breastmilk, I guess it's a pretty common side effect. He is now on Enulose and it works really well. However, when he can start solids, we will try more natural approaches.

Your little guy is SO cute!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!!! I just love all the pics.
Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Diana & Family,

I love the updates. Still come back every couple of weeks to see how Josh is growing!! WOW 1/2 teaspoon...I wish that's all I needed to fill my belly!!! Cereal, prune juice...is there still some breast milk in that diet too?!!! Well, he's beautiful!! Stay healthy!!

Birthday Ticker

baby

baby