Monday, November 12, 2007

November 12, 2007

Well the respiratory therapist came on Friday and apparently our oximeter can be downloaded. Had we known, we would have had Josh on the darned thing! I guess it can contain lots of stuff (at least this one) so Ben is bringing a different one today so that we can do the overnight study again since we didn't really have Josh on overnight with our other one.

We didn't get weighed on Friday. Mary our nurse wasn't feeling well and didn't want to bring any cold germs with her. Same for OT today. Wendy has a sore throat and it's better that she doesn't come if she is sick.

We are still waiting on our Synagis shot. First the pediatrician faxed the prescription to my Medical Insurance. They weren't sure that they would be the ones covering it, so they contacted my regular Pharmacy Insurance and they said that they would cover it. Peds filled out all of the necessary paperwork and got it back saying that they don't cover this because it's an injectable, and that they need to send it to my Medical Insurance. Go freaking figure. I thought that was probably the case since they were the ones that covered my Lovenox injections both times I was on it, but what do I know. So now we are waiting on my Medical to send the shot to the pediatrician. I will be on them by Wednesday if I haven't heard anything.

There were confirmed cases of RSV already in October, and I would like for Josh to get his shot ASAP. As it is, the end of the month he needs to get his 9 month shots AND his second flu shot, so he will not be a happy camper. Check out this link for information on RSV.Here is another if you really want to know more about it. RSV in preemies can cause hospitalization and/or death. The RSV vaccine will not prevent Josh from getting RSV, however it could prevent him from getting VERY sick. We are doing our best to prevent him from being exposed which is basically keeping him away from places with lots of people. If my friends are sick or their kids are sick, we avoid them too. Sucks, but this is the way it is. We are avoiding the big family gatherings for the holidays for this reason.

Josh does not like the pear nectar but LOVES prune juice! So we are giving that to him to help keep him regular. He still isn't having daily poops! I think that's it for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The insurance run around stinks. Hope they get it all worked out read soon. Hope Josh has a happy first Thanksgiving!

Niki said...

Wow Dianna! I did not know that about RSV. You say you feel like you're reliving the past when you read our blog and I feel like I'm getting a hint of my future when I read yours. :laugh:

I hope insurance gets on the ball soon.

Birthday Ticker

baby

baby