Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Day 62

Gestational Age: 33 weeks 1 day
Weight: 1720 grams (up 50)
3 lbs 13 oz

We are not going to see Josh today... I hate not going, but Dave and I decided that we needed a night of not driving to re-charge. We are both burned out, and as much as we hate it, we know it's the thing to do. We have only missed two other nights besides tonight in almost 9 weeks, and that was because of bad weather. I have called the hospital a few times today to check in and he seems to be doing better today according to the nurse.

Josh has gained 150 grams in 3 days. They don't seem too concerned but I am going to ask the doctor tomorrow if this is something to be concerned about. It's a lot of weight in a short amount of time. The last attending said that they were aiming for 20 grams a day... this is significantly more than that! He does get another dose of Lasix tomorrow so maybe that will help the fluid along.

Last I talked to the nurse she was going to give him his last vaccine today. Hopefully that will go okay. I don't remember Arran getting 3 vaccines all at once, and they combine more now than they did 12 years ago!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every Mama and Daddy deserves a little time for themselves and its important to do that once in awhile - absolutely- or your will burn out! I hope you enjoyed your romantic fancy-smancy dinner date tonight at "The Harvest" though and had a nice relaxing glass (or two) of wine!

And yes..shots...not fun for the kiddos. I remember Chance getting two shots; one in each leg a couple of times. Dont remember three though. Usually they let you give them tylenol to help with the swelling and possible reaction..probably with Joshua they dont want to give him anything like that so he is having to ride it out..the poor little man.

Anonymous said...

I am sure it was hard for you not to go to the hospital. But you and Dave need a break. I am glad Dave felt the need to stay home. You need to take of you because we all know that Josh is in good hands. Try to relax Dianna, I am sure it is hard but you need to save all your strengh for when the little guy comes home. Take care.
Hugs to you,
Linda Faraci

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Dianna! For you birthday I have news, the freezer is yours! Jim as a pickup truck, so this weekend, with an a.m. preference from Paul, the freezer can be picked up. So let me know when it is good for you guys, and we'll hook up. I talked to a co-worker who went through this twice (a whee little one deciding they couldn't wait to be born) and she said, it sounds like you are very lucky, and he really is doing very well. Love ya, Betty Jean

Birthday Ticker

baby

baby