Saturday, June 09, 2007

Day 114

I have been slacking and not updating the blog nightly. Sorry guys! Perhaps in the back of my mind I am "weaning" you all, since very soon, I won't have as much time to update. I will still, as Josh will still be facing challenges and milestones that I want to share with you all, but it won't be daily.

We got the news that he will most likely be coming home sometime next week (perhaps Tuesday). We had hoped awhile back that he might be home before Father's Day (what a gift!), and they weren't hopeful at that time that it could happen. He is doing very well, and they are starting to make the preparations for him to come home. He will be on many meds for awhile, 2 diuretics (to get rid of extra fluid), two vitamins (one of which is specifically for the cholestasis, which is the jaundice caused by the IV nutrition he was on). He will also be on another medicine to get rid of some of the bilirubin, plus sodium and potassium to make up what the diuretic depletes. He will come home on oxygen. This could be for 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years, there is no way for us to know how long he will be on it. There will be frequent trips back to Yale to see the eye doctor, the surgeon, and the pulmonary team (for his lungs), unless they can find a pediatric pulmonary team in New London. The eye doctor is pleased with his progress. She will continue to see him about once a month for 8 months and then he will see a pediatric ophthalmologist . I finally decided to continue with our regular pediatricians as they are closer and after talking with them, they have had some preemie experience. If I decide later that I am not comfortable, we will switch then.

We had to get all of the stuff that we didn't get at the shower yesterday. What a fun shopping day! We were still in need of most of the large items, his crib/mattress and changing table, carseat and stroller, etc. I had lots of coupons and some gift cards to help out in the expense but most of it is done. I can't say that it will be my last trip to Babies R Us, but I can say it won't ever be that expensive again!

Dave is painting his room today and then it will be ready to decorate. He will be in our room for at least a month in a bassinette. I do want to be able to get all of the boxes out of my living room!

So there you have it. The update. We will continue to update in the next few days and let you know when the official date is of his homecoming! Love to you all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!! Prayers do get answered dont they...... We are so happy for all of you and especially for Joshua!! God bless all of you.

all our love, and prayers always,
Dee & Jeff

Anonymous said...

Great news!! I am so happy for you that Josh may be home for Father's Day!!! Enjoy "nesting" until the day he does come home. My prayers are with all of you for an easy transition home.

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! What terrific news Dianna!
I am so happy for you and your family.
Our prayers are with you's.

Anonymous said...

What GREAT news!!!! I am smiling ear to ear!!!! Alicia (fl.)

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you want me to come help you set up the room. We can sort out his little onesies and t-shirts and sockies, put up his teddy bears and put colorful things on the wall.. How cute! Can't wait! He's going to love his new room...especially the gorgeous relaxing color..SO much better than plain ol "NICU WHITE"! :)

KISSES KISSES to our little man! He's a little miracle angel!
love
Michele, Doug and Chance

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!!!! I am so happy for you both. It will be such a nice present for Dave to have his son home for the weekend. Good luck with taking him home and getting all settled in. Cant wait to see the lil one sometime soon.


Megaen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on such wonderful news! While the preparations seem hectic, enjoy the chaos because that's what it is all about! God has truly blessed the Harrington Family in allowing this miracle to happen. Let us know when we can come over and finally meet this little guy!

Love,
Donna and Ray

Birthday Ticker

baby

baby