Sunday, February 25, 2007

10 days old today

Josh seems to be doing better. They have been dealing with some high blood pressure issues and are unsure of the reason for them. They did an ultrasound of his heart to see if perhaps there was some clotting going on (not unheard of with the removal of the umbilical line) but there were none so that is a good thing. They are just treating it with meds for now. They will be doing another ECHO soon to determine if the PDA has closed and another ultrasound of his head to make sure there are no bleeds. If the PDA hasn't closed, they can't give him any more Indocin (this can cause NEC), they would have to do surgery to close it. When a baby is stable, this surgery has a 0% mortality rate.

Dave talked to the surgeon today and she said that Josh is recovering extremely well from the surgery. Had she known that he was such a fighter, she would have given us better odds. It's still all a waiting game, and we are just praying that there are more ups than downs in the upcoming months.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep fighting my little angel..I have tears in my eyes. You are such a special boy..we all love you SO much.

Love
Michele

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Dave and Dianna - Joshua is a real fighter and there are so many people praying for him right now. Better days are coming.

Love,

Peg

Anonymous said...

You and your son are such beautiful persons. I know you are all in God's hands and he will keep you safe. I pray that all continues to go well.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

We are glad to hear that..We knew he is a fighter. Hope he continues to do well.. Love Penny, Alicia,Zack,Ma

Anonymous said...

I just read your whole blog Dianna...Maria gave me the link I do not know what to say...stay strong and all my love and prayers are with you josha and your family

Charlie

Anonymous said...

So glad to here a more possitive note. I know this little man is so strong. (wait for him to put all that strenght and energy into sports you will always be on the go...go...go...)I know God is watching over Josh and all of you. I can't wait to meet him.

Kiah

Anonymous said...

we are all pulling for Josh on the wte board 35+. i am so glad he is doing better.

Birthday Ticker

baby

baby