Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Monday PM


So that you can get a perspective on how little he is, this is him next to my hand. He is really small!


We went to see him and they had removed the vent tubing. This could go back if he doesn't do well, but now he is on the CPAP. It looks like a miners helmet... still can't see his face with it on, but eventually we will be able to see everything! We think his eyes will open soon. Jenn his nurse said that they have a little discharge, so that means they will open soon. They are supposed to start feeding either last night or today so that is a good thing too.


I did read that the monkey toes and long fingers are normal for a preemie... because there is no fat, they just look really long. I can feel better knowing that he may not have toes like cousin Fred! His weight was still good last night, but they are weighing him twice a day now and I will get that weight later when I see him.


He got the ultrasound of his head yesterday and the preliminary results look good. We will get the final results after the radiologist reads it.


I think that's it for now. I have to start taking a notebook with me so that I remember everything when I get back home to tell you all. Have a great day and I will post again later.

1 comment:

FibroMom said...

Hi Dave & Dianna,

It's so good to see that Sunday was a passing bad day, and that things quickly improved for Josh again! I hope things continue to stay mostly good for you all.

Shauna Lin found a story on MSNBC I thought you'd like to hear about; it's about a baby born at 21 weeks (Oct. 21) and she's going home today! I thought this heartening story might help to keep you going, given your sweet little Joshua got three more weeks in the womb to develop:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17237979/

Thank you for updating the blog so frequently. It's nice to have a place to go where I can keep updated on how you're doing without feeling like I'm bothering you.

Hugs,
Michelle

Birthday Ticker

baby

baby