Sunday, March 04, 2007

17 days

I report once again that Josh is doing well. I don't get tired of saying that! They dropped some of his oxygen settings and he was having some desats today (oxygen saturations were low) but all in all they say he is doing well. He is on his daily doses of caffeine and now Vitamin A (the nurse said it's for lung development and had he been born there, the protocol is to put them on it for the first month of life). So he will be on that for the next month. Unfortunately this is an injection for poor Josh.... she says it's a small needle....ugh! Any needle is too big.

I got K-care again today. God I love holding him and he really does respond well. No desats the whole time he is with me. So I will ask for my time daily as long as he is doing okay. I always hate putting him back... Dave gets to do some K-care time this next weekend when he has enough time to play.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear he is doing so well.Keep up the good work my little man..Love Aunty Penny

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing that his oxygen levels are doing great when he's with you? K-care is an amazing thing. Kisses for Joshua.
Love
Michele

Anonymous said...

You can tell that he loves being with his mommie.......mommie makes him stronger...

Huggies and kissies to Joshua...

love,
Dee & Jeff

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that he's doing so well!!! Continued prayers for you all.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news - never get tired of hearing it - Cuddling and touch are such a great tool to encourage steady progress. Keep up the great work Harrington Family.

Peg

Anonymous said...

What a difference in his pictures! His face definately looks like he is filling out! I am so glad to hear he is doing well. He is such a beautiful baby. -- Maria and Rachel

Anonymous said...

Yayyyyyyy!

We'll take good news every day! I'm so happy that thet he already recognizes how much he is loved...it comes shining through with the K-Care! Keep on sharing all that love with your Mommy buddy!! Love ya's.........Joan

FibroMom said...

I'm so glad to see that things are doing well here, and especially glad to see that K-care has been reinstated! Great news to come back to after missing a few days of reading.

I sent you an email last week, but haven't heard back...I'll try again. The 35+ women would like to send you something. When you get a minute, could you please respond?

(((((((Hugs)))))))

Birthday Ticker

baby

baby