Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Day 26

Gestational Age: 28 weeks
Weight: 820 grams
1 lb 13 oz
Height: 14.5 inches (he has grown 2 inches)

The blood culture and urine culture (for infection) both were negative after 24 hours. This is great news. He is pretty much holding steady today. Same as yesterday. Still having desats and then sats.... he goes up and down. The nurse (Lynn) was saying that he tends to hold his breath against the vent.. so when the vent is trying to give him a breath, he decides he doesn't want it, and hold his breath. This of course causes the desats... little stinker. She also said that as he grows longer, his lungs will develop more surface area and therefore start working better and have more expansion capacity. He looks good. His color is more even and pink... still not the color of a term baby but getting there! He is definitely one of the cutest babies in the NICU. OK so I am biased but all the nurses say so!

Love to all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is growing longer and is gaining weight!!! We are so happy and excited for Joshua and for you. He is a little fighter....

all our love,
Dee & Jeff

Anonymous said...

Wow - 2 inches in such a short time. Looks like he is gaining steady weight - Great news!

God Bless -
Peg and Bruce

Anonymous said...

I first want to say that you and your husband and Josh will forever be in my prayers. I just read your whole blog and am squalling! God led me here for a reason...and boy did I ever get his message. This little boy is an angel sent from heaven for you two...he's a fighter. I can see it in his eyes! I know he is in good hands and will be home before you know it! Keep strong...and know that you are loved and being prayed for! God bless you all!

Anonymous said...

I'm on the May board at WTE. I had no idea that you had delivered already. I'm praying for you and your family. I work in the OR at Children's Hospital in Detroit and even though I see what you have described in your blogs everyday, your story touched me. Your little guy looks like he is doing well and hopefully you'll get to take him home as scheduled. I'm amazed at your composure considering what you have been through. You and your husband are truly an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Of Course he is the Cutest Baby, Takes after the Parents... DUH>> :D
Glad to hear he is gaining wieght. And holding his breath against the Machine.. One Stubborn Irishman you got there

Uncle Timmy

Anonymous said...

That is the best news I've heard all week! We're so happy for all of you. Glad to hear he's growing well, how else would he keep up with his play mates that will be here is August! We'll keep the good thoughts going!
Keri & Nick

Birthday Ticker

baby

baby